You might be asking yourself, “why do I need a massage?” Well, besides the obvious mind-numbing relaxation factor, there are 5 proven reasons as to why you need to take advantage of these deals and get a massage:
- Massage has been proven to lower cortisol levels (the stress hormone that leads to extra fat around our abs) by up to 50%! This helps decrease symptoms of anxiety and depression, too.
- Research has shown that massage therapy can help you sleep better, for multiple reasons. Massage increases delta waves, which are linked with deep sleep. In addition, massage activates the parasympathetic part of our nervous system, allowing your body to relax and sleep easier.
- Massage increases disease-fighting white blood cells (lymphocytes), which boost your immune system!
- Are you an exercise junkie who sometimes finds it difficult to get out of bed the morning after an exceptionally tough workout? Massage boosts the production of mitochondria in the body (if your middle school science knowledge is slacking, these are the powerhouse portions of cells), which help our bodies recover from exercise.
- Massage has also been shown to have beauty benefits! It stimulates circulation, and removes dead skin cells, both helping to improve skin’s tone.